Google has done it again. Another big change. But this time, it really seems to be for the better. That is good news for your small business.
If you do nothing else, do this one thing — make sure you are showing up correctly in Google. After all, they are the largest search engine used by the most people to find businesses just like yours!
What is Google My Business?
Google has many properties for you to be found – Maps, Google+, and Searches. Imagine if you were not optimized? What if you had the wrong address showing up? The wrong phone number? Or if you did not show up at all?
How do I make sure my business is correct on Google?
Do these 3 steps. Allow yourself about 15 minutes.
1. If you do not have a gmail account, create one. https://accounts.google.com/ If you have one, login. This will be your main account. You can create your business under this gmail. Or you can create a new gmail just for you business. Up to you.
2. After you verify your gmail account (for new accounts only), go to http://google.com/business. Select the blue button, Get on Google.
3. Follow each step until you are 100% completed!
Must Do List on Google My Business
- Most Important – Match your business name, address, and phone number on all online properties, including the footer of your website!
- List up to 10 categories for you business. If you do not find a good fit, find ones that are close. Add more keywords in the description section.
- Upload your logo and other great images for your business.
- Order your Google Business Map View Photography – 360 virtual tour of the inside of your business. Just like Google Street View, but it comes inside!
That’s it! By doing this one step you will greatly increase your chances of being found by those looking for YOUR business.