David “Wayne” Sturm – Resume
Please accept my resume showing interest in working as a Solar Sales Specialist.
The attached resume shows that I have multiple years of experience in both inside and outside sales. As a co-owner of Inbound Train, I relied heavily on a strong work ethic and know what it takes to get more customers and to keep them happy. I have provided business to business services, which will be helpful when working with commercial solar accounts, and business to consumer experience will help with homeowners.
Having a flexible schedule allows me to reach the right potential customer at the right time. I understand that homeowners may require nights and weekends and commercial accounts require discussions during business hours.
Part of our Inbound Train business model included teaching workshops to small business owners. We did this for ten years across the U.S. through Small Business Development Centers and community colleges. After we taught the class, I also did cold calling to local businesses to sell Google Virtual Tour photography.
You will see that I worked with a small solar company for a while, but their work ethic did not match my own. During that time, I worked with many homeowners and commercial accounts, trained a small sales team, held weekly meetings, gave public presentations, and participated in company events (home shows, etc.).
My main desire to be in the solar industry is to support renewable energy. I am a trained Climate Reality Leader through former Vice President Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project. In partnership with my wife, Sandi Sturm, I also helped build the website https://EnvironmentalGroups.us where we created a database of nonprofit environmental groups in all 50 states. It is an ongoing project and growing with 1800 groups on the site currently.
Before the pandemic we switched from traveling to deliver small business marketing courses to Climate Reality presentations under the umbrella of Earth Focus Group. Reducing carbon emissions is our number one focus and live by example the best we can.
I hope to be able to discuss this position and am somewhat open to the location. In 2019 we bought a motor home with the plan to travel and assist local environmental nonprofits by giving the Climate Reality Project presentations. The pandemic brought that to a halt, but we are still living in the motorhome and maintain a very small footprint. This makes switching locations a bit easier than if we owned a home.
David “Wayne” Sturm
David “Wayne” Sturm
To use my experience, to help clients make the right choice for their home energy needs through education and to know that I have brought value and improvement to their lives. It has been my pleasure to explain complicated situations in “laymen terms” to clients not familiar with the jargon of different industries.
Co-Owner, Inbound Train
2002 – Present
- Business to business sales using cold calling, networking, and online lead generation.
- Developed and taught workshops to small business owners across the country.
- Trusted Google Photographer providing 360 virtual tours since 2011 & Google Maps expert.
- Project management, Program development
Sales Manager High Noon Solar
Grand Junction, Colorado — 2018 – 2019
- Worked with residential and business customers as a closer.
- Generated new leads through networking, company sponsored events, and online lead generation.
- Training and sales meetings with sales team.
- Attended a 3-day SunPower sales training at their corporate headquarters.
Furniture Salesman, Metro Home Furnishings
Anchorage, Alaska — 2000 -2002
- Part of the inside sales team in a luxury furniture store.
Furniture Sales Manager, America’s Best Furniture Warehouse
Grand Junction, Colorado — 1998 – 2000
- Inside sales
- Sales team training and management duties
Furniture Sales Manager, Bishop’s Fine Furniture
Grand Junction, Colorado — 1996 – 1998
- Inside sales for luxury furniture store.
- Sales team management and training using Lawhon training course.
Production Manager, La-Z-Boy Furniture Factory
Tremonton, Utah – 1989 — 1995
- Warehouse production manager in various departments.
- Trained in motivational management.
Tampa Technical Institute
Core curriculum designed for Electronic Repair
New Mexico State University
Core curriculum designed for an Architecture major